First of all, I'd like to apologize for my absence. I know I only have one follower here, but I'd still like to apologize. It may be outplayed now-a-days, but I'd still like to say I have failed. You see, my excuse is that my life just went wacko on me and I completely forgot I made this blog. I know, terrible, right?!
Since we last saw each other, I finished SARA SIX STRINGS. On October third, I sent my first query letter to Daniel Lazar, of Writers House Publishing Company. On the fifth, I received his rejection.
That same day, I sent another query to Catt LeBaigue of Heacock Publishing agency. Two days later on the seventh, I got her rejection as well.
I've since stopped querying to redraft my letter, as I've found it to be complete crap. I found a website that had examples of real-life author's queries and found mine to be really pale in comparison. My problem is where ti distinguish the line between professional personality and disrespectful informality. I bought a book on how to write queries, so we'll see if that helps.
I always thought I'd be crushed each time I got a rejection letter and would go sulk in a corner all emo-like. But, I've found that to be opposite. You see, one has to realize that a person can go through years of rejection before being picked up. It's all a matter of getting up off the floor, dusting off your clothes and keep on keeping on. Remember, there are always plenty more fish in the sea and all that inspirational crap.
In other news, I'm planning on participating in NaNoWriMo this upcoming month. If you didn't know, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. It's a website competition of sorts that encourages you to write 50,000 words in one month. I did the math, and that's roughly 5-6 pages a day for 30 days. Intense, right?
www.nanowrimo.org
I promise to keep you posted about my adventures, like I had originally planned. Happy writing!
I Make Fail Look Cool,
Moriah
No comments:
Post a Comment