No, not you. The person behind you. The guy with the bowed legs and crazy eyes. The one holding the butchers knife. Yeah, him. Hello!
Made you look. But, enough with the pleasantries. I've failed this blog quite epically, as it turns out so far. But, do not fear! I've also been quite busy. I've only been awake for roughly 4 hours and have read three books. I also read one yesterday. So, there.
I want to take my book and shoot it in the face. But, considering the fact that it does not have a face, that would be quite difficult. And, perhaps I should come up with more creative ways to destroy things, other than shooting them in the face. I do happen to say that a lot...
But, I digress.
I've been working like a fiend lately on another project entitled SARA SIX STRINGS. I don't know why it has to be capital. It just does. Anyway, It's pretty much finished. I've been skipping meals, staying up late and drooling slightly over the keyboard to keep it going. I have about one more part to do and the epilogue. And then editing and my friend's illustrations. Then, with a kiss on the nose and a couple ounces of luck pressed into it's tiny fingers, I will send it off to an agent to be judged and most likely rejected.
I will be a wonderful parent.
But, seriously, I think this one is a hit. I'm not saying that just because I wrote it and false assurences are what I use to push me along in tough suituations. I can feel it. Just like Grandpa can feel the weather change in his.... I'm not going to go there. Back to the point, I seriously think I stumbeled upon a little forrest of gold here.
In other news, I recieved my Twilight autographed by Stephenie Meyer in the mail the other day. I've done nothing besides show it off, make a short video about it and place it on my desk, covering the shame that is my first book. But, more about that some other time.
My friend has become a huge fan of Cassandra Clare's series The Mortal Instruments. For his birthday (which is next week, same as mine) I will be giving him a signed copy of the last book in the series, which he confirmed was his favorite one to read. Because I'm awesome like that, I was able to get in touch with the author, and for a mere twenty bucks, was able to convince her to sign a hardcopy and send it my way. She really is awesome, as is the series. I strongly recommend you read it ;)
Making Awesome Come True,
Moriah
I can't wait for one of your books to be published. You seem like a wonderful author, good luck :)
ReplyDelete